eate a highly visible, protective station for your lifebuoy or throwable torpedo buoy with a Guardian™ Lifebuoy Housing.
Manufactured with tough Durapol™ polymer, Guardian Lifebuoy Housings are designed with features that deter thieves and vandals, while protecting the lifesaving equipment inside from UV rays which can degrade its material over time.
In the event of an emergency in the water, access to a life ring or other personal floating device (PFD) with an attached floating throwing line is critical.
For increased visibility, Guardian Lifebuoy Housing are available in bright red and white to create an obvious contrast in colour in its surroundings.
Designed for 24 inch and 30 inch Lifebuoys
The size of lifebuoy you require may also depend on your own industry’s guidelines and regulations. Not sure? Find out what size lifebuoy you may need.
Guardian Lifebuoy Housings are available in two models. The 600 model can store the smaller 24" ring or two throwing buoys such as the B-Line™ Rescue Buoy. The 750 model can store either the 24" or 30" lifebuoy or two B-Line Rescue Buoys. Find out more about the B-Line Throwing Rescue Buoy.
Attractively moulded to the shape of a lifebuoy ring, the housing cabinets can be securely mounted to a wall, railing or on to a post to create an easily recognisable emergency station.
These cabinets also offer the flexibility to store different types of throwable lifesaving devices and have been specially designed with a universal fit to house life rings or torpedo rescue buoys made by different manufacturers.
Built-in Safety and Inspection Features
To increase the speed and ease of deploying the lifebuoy ring and rope, Glasdon lifebuoy housings include the Ropemaster™ Quick Release Rope Management System as standard. The system accepts various diameters of rope up to 50 metres (164ft).
During install or when replacing the lifebuoy, the rope is wound tightly around the central device guided by the moulded-in rope and buoy retention tabs. The life ring is then placed over the retention tabs and pressed to sit compactly around the rope.
On deployment, the built-in ‘grab handle’ recess allows the rope to be gripped with one hand and removed from the device in a neat loop, leaving the other hand free to take and throw the lifebuoy towards the victim.
Easy to understand, step-by-step instructions with images show the user how to remove the lifebuoy and rope quickly.
Guardian Lifebuoy Housings also feature an inspection indicator built in to aid quick and easy inspection. The white indicator appears in the window when the cabinet door has been opened.
- Guardian Lifebuoy Housings are available with or without a 24” or 30” lifebuoy and 30m or 50m floating throwing line of 8mm or 10mm diameter.
- Fixing kits are available for wall and rail mounting the cabinet. To create an emergency station, mount the housing cabinet to an Armortec® coated steel post which can be fixed to the ground surface or set in concrete below ground.
- Add an inspection window into the front of the cabinet to easily view the contents inside without disturbing the door.
- When mounted on a post, a lid stay can be added to securely prop the lid open during inspection.
- Additional instruction and notice sticker graphics can be created and added to the exterior of the cabinet door to inform the public and operators about how the equipment should be used, whilst warning of the penalties for misuse or vandalism.
- Customers can also display their branding or water safety campaign messages.
Talk to us today about how Guardian Lifebuoy Housings can help you keep lifesaving devices safe and ready for action in the event of an emergency in the water.
Alternatively, download our Buyers Guide for step-by-step help and advice.